Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day?





Happy Valentine's Day my blovers!

I've had a great Valentine's Day so far, and it's only getting better! I got flowers delivered to work from my sister, and I bought myself my own box of chocolates which I'm currently devouring. And of course, I went to the gym after work, so I don't feel bad about inhaling this entire box of Russell Stover.

So this morning, I was sitting at my desk when Bill arrived. We started chatting about valentine's day, specifically about how many flower deliveries there would be today. We decided to keep a tally and see if the mail room or lobby received more through out the day. Before Bill left to start his day, I asked what he had planned with his girlfriend and he told me nothing. Didn't get her anything and they weren't really doing anything for it. His girlfriend, Sarah, also happens to be a fellow employee. It's a little on the hush hush side, not that it's forbidden for inter-office dating, but they just like to keep it on the down low.

But of course, I know everything, so I found out all about it. I started to figure it out when I saw them leave every afternoon to get coffee. At first I didn't think anything of it, but it started to catch my attention. Also because I had seen her come into the office with her little boy, and I thought when she first started she wore a wedding band. So naturally, I pry information out of Bill, and yup, turns out she was married, but isn't anymore.

So anyways! As I'm watching all the bouquets arrive, and calling all the recipients, I notice that there is a bouquet for Sarah. Bill! You sneaky sneaky liar! You did get her flowers! So I give Bill a call to let him know his lady love had gotten to flowers - and to poke a little fun at him for being not wanting to tell me before, until he tells me he didn't get her flowers.

A what what? Then who did!?!?

Well, as you probably know, a perk of being a receptionist is that we can read cards! what? did I just say that?? Ok, maybe I don't read all of them, but I definitely admit to definitely reading some - and this one was definitely being read.

"Happy Valentine's Day to my beautiful wife. Love Ted"

Again - a what what?? SHE'S MARRIED?? This must be a joke, right?? After reading this, I really can't tell, so I don't say anything to Bill. I mean, it could be a number of things and it's not really my place to say, or admit, that I read her card.

The day goes on and both him and his lady love seem totally fine. Maybe there wasn't drama and I'm just a bitch who read the card and assumed something. Maybe she is married and Bill doesn't care. Maybe Bill should just tell me what the heck is going on!!!

I'm hoping going to find out tomorrow what the dealy-o is. Until then it's another chocolate for me!

Oh - and I received 20 bouquets today - including 1 for me from my sister :)
Nothing wrong with a little extra love <3



No comments:

Post a Comment