First of all, who even faxes anymore?!?!
Ok, that being said...
I sit next to a fax machine that usually doesn't get any information faxes. Every now and then, in between all the spam, I do get a random fax that seems important. I check to see it's for, and will either call that person, or let Bill swing by desk and have him hand deliver it to the recipient. Now, Bill has been out of the office for a couple days, so this one fax has just been sitting on my desk. Normally I would just call the person, but this is for a person who doesn't work in this office, and I *think* Bill just forwards it along with mail that we send to our other offices. I think, I really have no idea what he does with it.
So, this fax has been sitting on my desk. In the corner, not really in my way so I tend to forget about it. However, we do a daily lunch order form, and the fax is sort of near the order sheet.
You would not believe how many people have come to my desk, to either order lunch or ask me a question, that have picked up the fax, obviously see it's not for them and continue to read it!! What?!? Who does that??
So, naturally I sit there and STARE at them, because not only are they reading a fax that isn't theirs, they're reading something that is on MY desk! What if that was my fax, what if it was something personal! They always seem so startled too when they look up and just see me looking at them. Yes, you're doing something wrong, and yes, I caught you. Put down the fax and walk away! haha!
What weirdos! Only I get to read everyone else's faxes ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment