He's an older guy, skinny and smokes like a chimney (I can see him in his blue pedophile van sucking down his cigarette). He wheels in this HUGE tank that has this hose attached to it so he can easily water everything in the office. He even comes in with a ladder to reach the high hanging plants in the lobby. What a job, driving to different offices all week long to water plants because we are all too lazy!
I have come to the conclusion that he must be lonely interacting with plants all day, because this guy LOVES to talk! Loves it! Doesn't matter who is in the lobby or who is listening this guy is chatting away. I guess it's partly my fault, the first couple of times he came in and started a conversation, I listened and chatted back. Now it doesn't matter if I'm talking on the phone, doing other work or just flat out ignoring him, he's telling me his life story.
He has 2 dogs, he's thinking of getting a new sofa, his niece is off the college, is best friend's daughter is getting married and he's doing all of the floral arrangement - and would you believe it, she changed her colors and is now mad at him! Not to mention that he's bummed summer is over, he loves going to the beach. One of his clients has a beach house, and he got to spend a weekend there while they were away, and he loved it! How do people not live by the water? His dogs would love it.
It's intense, and I think he might be insane. Every now and then when I'm just sitting there and I get stuck with him in the lobby, I admit I do talk to him. When the phone rings, one would assume that he would pause and wait for me to finish the call. Nope! I don't hear half the things he says because he just keeps going and going and going...
I've even tried to pretend to be on the phone, but it just doesn't matter. Poor guy, he must be lonely. And of course, he is a nice friendly guy, he just unfortunately got stuck with me as the receptionist!

No comments:
Post a Comment