All week I've been waking up thinking its a different day. Wednesday I thought it was Thursday - which is a huge bummer that it wasn't since my girls and I do a weekly wine night on Thursdays. Today I woke up thinking it was Friday... so I knew today would be one of those days where everything would just be a little off.
As you may remember, I now assist Kathy with her job. And by assist, I mean I do her job. So in the mornings, I check into each conference room just to see if anything was left behind from the previous day's meeting. Some days I find left over drinks, trash, markers... so today when I walked in one of the smaller rooms imagine my surprise when I saw some yummy treats. Little containers of yogurt covered raisins and trail mix. Why thank you, I think I will treat myself!
Now, I know some people out there may be all freaked out to eat this sort of stuff, since people's hands have been in these containers, but.. not this girl. I'm gross like that. And what's the worst thing that could happen? I get sick and have to be sent home early? Sounds like a WIN to me!
So happy as a clam, I steal the goods and hoard them in my desk drawer. I mean, it IS only 7:45am, I don't want to eat them quite yet. After eating my breakfast, hunger starts to strike around 11am. I remember that I have some treats and open my drawer. Since there was only a couple raisins, I ate those quickly and moved onto the trail mix. I open the top to the container, and being the spaz that I am, completely drop ad spill the trail mix over the floor.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I was SO looking forward to this!
I crouch down and start picking up pieces of nuts (haha, nuts), chocolate chips, raisins and dried fruit. While holding a handful I suddenly start thinking.. "Hmm, do you think it's still good?" YES, I CONTEMPLATED EATING FOOD OFF THE FLOOR BECAUSE I AM A PIG! I have no self control when it comes to food. I tried to talk myself into believing that it's disgusting because not only have my clean gorgeous shoes been tromping around here, but everyone else's shoes who has covered the phones have also been here. And I know for a fact that there's been dirt and snow on these floors, so why am I even considering eating this?!? And seriously, look at that picture - the floor is D-I-R-R-R-T-Y.
Being a good girl, I threw the handful in the trash. Pat yourself on the back, Ruby. You're not eating food that's been on the lobby floor. You should treat yourself to something yummy. That's when I picked up a chocolate chip off the floor and ate it.
I disgust myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment