I think I could post about NG forever. Now, don't get me wrong, I like her. I like the girl a lot. She's funny, she's slowly beginning to realize our job sucks and that she's stuck dealing with dumb people all day.
However, she is killing me.
Today, she came in with 2 zip-lock containers full of cookie and cream truffles she made for people in the office. No, no, no!!! I quickly informed her that I hope she was prepared to see her 2 hours of labor go out the window in the 15 minutes it would take for everyone to inhale her treats.
"Oh, I'm prepared, I just want to entice people to come over to the desk and say hello to me"
What?! No! We don't want to feed the hungry hippos, keep them at their watering holes away from the reception desk (aka me!)
To much of my surprise, people didn't come rushing when they heard there was free food at reception. The truffles, as amazing as they were because you know I ate one (ok 2...don't judge!) were a little sweet and definitely wicked chocolately. So a lot of people didn't want to try something so chocolate heavy . Haha, seriously?? you'll eat catered food that's been left out for hours, but won't try some home made chocolate??
Now, while I understand her approach to have people come up to talk to her, she's making me look really really bad. I brought in candy once, around Halloween time, and the candy went so fast, I didn't know what the heck had happened. I swore I would never spend and waste money on food for people in the office again.
So what does NG do? Just that! And people LOVED it. They talked about how great and considerate she is, and wow, these are just so amazing, you have such a talent! Ruby... why haven't you ever done anything like this??
Ugh.
And of course I can't be mad at the girl, she's brand spanking new and still being in that I love work phase. But seriously. You're KILLING ME.
I think the only reason I'm still speaking to this girl is because the candy was really good. Altho, Bill pointed out that maybe she wants to fatten me up so she can be the cuter receptionist.
....great.
Stupid truffles. Excuse me, I need to go eat the 3rd one I snuck home with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment