So... I did something yesterday that I haven't done in a really long time. I got talked into going out for Happy Hour with some co-workers.
And... dare I say it??? I had fun. A lot of fun actually.
I mean, that very well could have been because of the free beer, (I love it when boys buy me drinks!) but it was fun to actually be outside of a work environment and just chat with people I see every single day.
The best part is I know all of them, but since I had skipped out on so many happy hours, I felt a smidge awkward. And since I get out of work earlier than all of them, and was still going to my gym class, I wasn't really looking forward to showing up by myself.
But NG had a brilliant plan. She's still obsessed with "meeting people because she's new" (yeah that needs to end, you've been here a couple months now) But she wanted to go, only if I was going. She's still dating that guy in accounting, and she was afraid if she went, people would think she was only there because he was. Um... isn't that why you're going though??? So since she didn't want to be just hanging out with him and have people talking, she said she'd pick me up on the way and that way we'd be together and we'd stick together all night. And she'd also buy me a beer. Oh fine, I'll go.
So I went. People seemed genuinely happy that I was there, they poked fun how at me about how it's funny to see me standing since I sit all day long and how they're all impressed I went to the gym first, before coming out.
What they don't know is that I was running around like a crazy woman after the gym and uh, yeah, just sort of rinsed off, attempted to fix my gross hair, threw on jeans, sneaks and a shirt and hopped in NG's car.
Yeah, be impressed I'm here, I didn't even shower for any of you :) I am so disgusting. Then a drunk male co-worker (Not Bill - he skipped it, because that's what we do! It was ironically, someone NG and I actually call Dreamy) called me beautiful and that's where I called it a night.
So the point of my story is, my co-workers all seem to love me and they have proven to me that I don't need to shower for work, or drinks. Point noted!

No comments:
Post a Comment