Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

They're Moving


So it recently came to my attention that my department is moving into another building that we have on campus. Normally I don't think this would really bother me, but recently since I've been banned from the receptionist desk, and be shunned to sit in the back, I've recently become friendlier with those in my department.

We're sort of tucked away in the back, and they always referred themselves as the Misfit Toys, since we're sort of a lame department, and people only interact with us while heading to the mail room. Kathy's desk is in a high traffic zone, so besides it being one of the most distracting places I've ever sat, it's also so annoying that I'm worried about someone noticing me on pinterest and not doing my work. I mean really, at reception I can easily get away with that sort of stuff!

I still refer to the desk as Kathy's and refuse to make it "mine" by putting any sort of personal item on it. I also heard the rumor that the department might not be staying put in that area, so why bother "decorating"? I know I should just eff it, and make it "my" desk, but being the negative person I am, I refuse :) I think a title change is needed for me to have a real desk other than the one in the lobby.

Anywho, I'm getting distracted. The gang is leaving to go across the street. What does that have to do with me? Everything! I had a moment of freak out where I refused to move with them. Why should I have to go back and forth between buildings to go and from reception? NG calls me about every 45 minutes to either pee, get coffee, or just have me come up there so she can spaz out. There was no way I was going to do that if I was put in another building.

Of course, Bossboss invited the gang over to see their new spot and didn't invite me. Did this mean I was going with them? In fact, that's exactly what it meant. I still haven't heard from Bossboss personally that I'm not moving, but Brandan did some investigating. I was staying put.

As in, I was going to be the ONLY person of the department to stay behind and sit all by lonesome.

UMMMM.... I know most of you would probably react normally and be all "a what what?? this sucks! I'm going to be all alone" but not this girl. Has my dream come true?? Am I going to be sitting somewhere all alone with no one bugging me?!?!?! Could I be any happier??

...Yes. Yes, I could.

Something weird is happening. I immediately talk to Bill and he teases me "I think you have feelings." FEELINGS?? ME??? lol! He may be on to something, I've come to enjoy my co-workers, and having a social interaction with people that are nice to me as opposed to yelling at me over the phone. Also, these people are on my side - they think it's ridiculous that my title is receptionist yet I do so much more than that. They also like that I bring them free food that I get from caterers....

So is Ruby growing a heart and actually liking people?? NOPE. Turns out Jim, who has an office right by Kathy's desk will also not be moving, since it'll keep him close to the mail room.

Fuck that.

I'm going to be sitting there with JIM ALL DAY LONG?

No wonder I'm grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment