So I meant to write this post on Friday, but somehow after the gym, going to my sister's for sushi seemed like a much better idea. Lucky for all of you, I've decided to still write it! haha!
So on Thursday, I was told by my new work BFF that we were starting "Classy Fridays". This summer HR decided to let all the employees wear casual clothes to work, every day. It's been great, I get to wear jeans everyday. However, some people are starting to take advantage of this and are wearing short shorts and club-ish dresses to work. And while that is definitely a whole different blog topic, I can't help but think what exactly is work appropriate when it comes to shorts and skirts for the office? I mean, don't normal people think, oh, my entire thigh is showing, maybe I shouldn't wear this work??
Anywayssssss.....
BFF informed me that since we can "dress down" every day, let's class it up and wear something wicked cute and classy on Fridays. After dragging my feet, she convinced me this would be a great idea. Plus, then I was able to wear this wicked cute polka dress I got, and hadn't had a real reason to wear yet.
Perfect!
Until I woke up Friday morning and it was cloudy and 65 degrees. Mother effer. Since I'm at work wayyy before BFF, I debated texting her letting her know that I was wearing jeans, but I decided against it. She was so excited about this, and what the hell, I really wanted to wear that dress!
I get to work and BFF walks in. In jeans. And a freaking sweatshirt. Not only did she completely abandon Classy Friday, but she was probably wearing the scrubbiest outfit I've ever seen her in. You've got to be kidding me. She apologized, said something about it "being cold" and blah blah blah.



No comments:
Post a Comment