I meant to post this on Friday, but forgot. So, now you get to enjoy this today!
We have some
unwritten "benefit" where employees are allowed to bring their dogs to
work on Friday. I have no idea if this is common in other companies,
but I find it strange.
I
like dogs. They're fun, much better than cats (sorry JM!) and when
trained properly they can be pretty adorable. I don't have one, mostly
because I'm way too selfish to take care of something other than
myself... and well, my fish. But let's face it, even my poor gups go a
couple days without food. It's ok, I have a million, it's survival of
the fittest at this point ;)
Also
my sister and brother are
allergic, my mom isn't really a fan of dogs, my apartment doesn't allow
them, wet dog smell is nasty and let's face it - I changed my first
diaper ever for my cutie pie nephew when he was like 4 months old (he's now 9 months, and I've probably only changed him about 5 times, haha!) - and yes, I was 27 and I had never changed a diaper... it's
not THAT weird..) But do you think I'm going to want to clean up after a
dog?!? Ok, so there's a lot of reason but whatever that I don't have a
dog. But I like them. At least, I like them when they're not at my
work.
Today
while bringing a sandwich platter to a meeting, I was minding my own
business when I heard a weird noise behind me, like a jingle jangle
noise. I looked over my shoulder and saw nothing so I kept on going.
Once I reached the conference room, I was setting up the food where I
almost screamed bloody murder. (And for those who know how high I
can actually scream, you know it's a good thing I contained myself.)
This
BEAST decided to stick his nose in my butt while I was turned the other
way, scaring the life out of me. Took me a second to realize what the
hell it was too! I jumped a mile and cursed the dumb dog under my
breath. While trying to set up, this thing (who's name is apparently
Henry) was trying to jump on me and eat both me and the sandwiches. Get
the hell off me! It kept trying to stick his nose in all the food and
that's when I decided it wasn't my problem anymore.
I headed back to my desk knowing my sandwich was safe and sound - and completely dog free :)


No comments:
Post a Comment