Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Recap



Now that summer is "unofficially over" I'm thinking my life will slow down and I'll have more time for blogging.  Here's what I've wanted to blog about for the past 3 months but couldn't find the time.

- Casual Summer.  We got the "OK" from HR that we were allowed to wear casual wear, i.e jeans, from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  While I admit I did wear flip flops just about every day, lots of ladies took full advantage and wore short shorts and mini skirts.  Appropriate? Definitely not.  Blog worthy, YUP! I got to work today only to read the email that casual wear attire is now appropriate all year round.  Yes, you read that right, I can wear jeans every single day for the rest of my life at work.  Not only does this mean I *have* to go shopping for more "work clothes" it also means that I will get to blog about co-worker's attire for months to come.

- Dreamy.  I got drinks with Dreamy a while back, and developed a crush on him.  Then things got awkward when he decided to ignore me.  Or when I ignored him? I 'm not sure who ignored whom first.  Don't worry, the crush is over.  He wore black pants and a navy shirt today.  Such a shame.

- Bill and I are no longer friends.  WHAT? Yup, you read that correctly.   I've been wanting to blog about this for a while now, but part of me still can't really believe that our friendship is over.  I'm to blame for ending it, so I guess I can't be upset, but seriously, ever since he got a new position in a new department, he might as well work for a different company.  It's sad.  I called him out on it, and basically told him we weren't friends.  But really? a  couple emails back and forth in the morning asking me how my night was, what I had for dinner does not constitute a friendship.  Plus, there's the whole awkward sending me flowers on my birthday.  The best way for me to solve that problem? De-friend him! hahahaha.  Whoops.

- My work BFF.  I have a work BFF and it's fantastic.  I've always had work friends, but this girl and I have lunch together, email/chat constantly all day and well, she brought me an iced coffee and pumpkin donut, just because.  Best Friends Fo-Evah.

- My best friend since high school got engaged and I'm her Maid of Honor.  :)

- Jim and I still get along.  Hell has obviously frozen over.

- An employee came up to my desk this morning and told me that she's not pregnant but she was going to throw up in the bathroom because she had a migraine.  UHHH why the F are you telling me this?? Oh, just in case I hear her puking.  Hi, my first thought would not be "oh wow, Liz threw up in the bathroom, she must be preggers!"  .... to make matters worse, I heard her throwing up.  I'm starting a rumor she's pregnant.

- And last but not least, Lily asked me if I wanted some M+M's, because she heard that they were my favorite.  She gave me this.  I might have diabetes now. 

So there you have it.  I'll be a much better blogger.  I hope.  Until next time...
XOXO
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment