The most ridiculous thing happened to me today.
It started out a typical day, I was getting yelled at by a caller who did not like that they reached a voicemail and demanded they speak to live person. No biggie, I get thousand of these calls a day. I have absolutely no sympathy for these people. Rules are rules, and if you want to speak someone about your benefits, you go to their helpdesk, end of story.
So what was so different about this caller?
Well, she rudely told me that she....
had...
wait for it....
CANCER! And was getting CHEMO on Monday. Therefore she absolutely had no time for a voicemail and demands to speak to a real live person.
A what what??
Did you just tell me you have cancer in hopes that this will get you a person to speak to? You could be the president of the United States and that still is not going to get me to transfer you to a person. You get a voicemail, just like everyone else. And honestly, who knows if she really has cancer? This lady was so rude to me, I almost feel she made it up so she would get her way. Sorry hunny, you picked the wrong girl. I mean, who just tells a random receptionist she has cancer?!?
I know, I know!! I'm SO mean, I'm horrible! But honestly, telling me that you have cancer does nothing. You might as well tell me that you have 2 heads. It's not going to get me to do anything differently. I've known people that have had cancer, and none of them would have ever used that to "get their way".
So, who's wrong? Me, for being a jerk and sticking to what the rules are and doing what I've been instructed to do, or for a caller telling me she is sick to try to get around the system???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think you are my twin. Really. You sound JUST like me. I was thinking of starting a blog and decided to see what all was out there already and came across yours. I dont need to blog, you have done it for me. From "The whisperer" to the people who forget their badges, the people who like to stand BEHIND me.. I have nothing left to offer the blogging community. (Then again, we both know there is an endless supply of these stories) Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteHeather Mae, you might be one of my favorite people in the world. And as for a twin, perhaps. My middle name is also Mae. No joke.
ReplyDeleteStart a blog, I would LOVE to read it!
ReplyDelete