My day started off just like any other - miserable. It was busy, the phone wouldn't stop ringing and there were a lot of people coming in and out of the lobby. So by the time 3pm hit, I was beyond ready to be done with my day. Trying to find the strength to finish out my day, I get one fantastic caller. And I do believe she suffered from tourett.
A little background info before starting the story: Lady had called before, asking to speak to a benefits representative. Now, these calls go to an automatic voicemail system, but if you listen to the prompts, there is an option to "zero out" and speak to a live person. You unfortunately have to listen to this whole recording, that lasts about 3minutes long that tells you what to leave in a message before saying "OR if you'd like to speak to a live benefits representative, please press 1." The majority of people will not wait through this entire prompt, and most will call me back saying they just want a live person and don't understand why they must go through this voicemail system. But that's the way things are, and I don't care, so you're so stuck with going through it and listening to it....again.
Ok, now that we're all caught up, here's the story:
Lady, after being transferred to the help desk and instructed on how to receive a live person:
I DID WHAT YOU SAID AND STILL GOT A VOICEMAIL!!!
Me" "I'm sorry, who were you trying to reach?" (because honestly, I get so many calls, I can't remember them all)
Lady: UGH!!! Is it that f$#%ing hard for you guys to pick up your phones??
Me: "Ummm hello??"
Lady: "I used to work for this company and I used to think it was so great. Now I think you're all shitty!"
Me, after stopping myself from laughing, compose myself to ask her what I can do to help her.
Lady: "I know, I know, I'm CRAZY for wanting to speak to a live person!!! I'M CRAZY!!"
pause
Lady: "GOD DAMN IT!!!"
This is where I wold love to tell all callers that yes, the employees in this office rarely pick up their phones and I know it sucks, but other than transfer you, there's nothing else I can do. I convinced the lady that going back to the help desk was the best option because if all else fails, at least she can leave a voicemail message in the right department.
I know she's an ex-employee, but honestly, where do we find these winners?!?
And is it bad that all I could think of what the lady in "Deuce Bigalow" who had tourettes?
Yes, Ruby, it is. See ya Hell!

No comments:
Post a Comment