Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Working From Home

While I don't get the privilege of working from home like a lot of people who work in an office, one advantage of being a receptionist is that I never have to bring work home. Since I'm hourly, when that clock strikes 5 o' clock I know my work day is good and over!

So, please explain to me why for the past 2 days I have BROUGHT WORK HOME WITH ME!! Oh, that's right... the back up computer at work, which has excel on it, isn't working and likes to freeze randomly. And why is this happening you ask? Oh...probably from the porn site I accidentally clicked on! GREAT. So, of course, I've put a help desk ticket in with IT, and of course they haven't come to check it out! Which, I'm sort of relieved about because I'm afraid of what they might find!

So, since I've been trying to finish up a data entry project, and realllllly just want it over with, I've decided bringing it home with me might just be the fastest and easiest solution to my problem. There's nothing worse than working on an excel chart, entering all sorts of boring information, only to have your computer freeze, restart and lose all your data that was entered!

So here I am at home, entering data into an excel chart. On line 790. You've got to be kidding me! I'm debating putting in for over time, but dragging my boss into the whole mess of why my computer isn't working just doesn't seem like a good idea.

At least here at home, I get to wear my snuggie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment