Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Troll

Happy New Year Everyone! I know I've been MIA lately, but I'm back. And what better way to start the new year than to introduce you to...

The Troll!

There's a woman I used to call the troll, and she didn't even work for the company. Her husband did. While he no longer works for us, I feel that it's completely acceptable to talk about her. The reason behind the nickname was simple, she decided to dye her hair 4 different colors. Pink on one half, purple on the other, blonde for her bangs, and black in the back. She's 30, a little larger than most and had been unemployed since January 09, when I met her. She would come into the lobby everyday with her husband, sign in and then go sit at his desk with him while he worked all day long.

Yup, she sat at his desk with him. How is this allowed you ask? Well, turned out it isn't!

She was told she couldn't sit there anymore. So where did she end up? Oh that's right, IN THE LOBBY! WITH ME! So the same thing happened, she would walk in with her husband, sign the guest book and take a seat in the lobby. She would sit there until lunch time, when he would come get her and they'd go out to eat, come back and sit there until he left for the day, around 230-3pm. (yeah, let's not even get into his schedule!)

At first she would sit there with her crossword puzzle or book that she brought in. Eventually she realized she was bored of them and realized, hey! There's someone else in the lobby, maybe we should talk! I learned everything about this woman. And I mean, everything. How long she had been without a job, found out all about their cats and fish they have. How her brother has the same name as her husband - how funny is that? I would hear about her evenings, or upcoming plans. Those of you who know me know this would drive me insane. I'm still trying to figure out why people think I'm nice and what to hear all about their life!

Co-workers would come into the lobby and do a double take. Everyone would give me weird looks as if she was my friend, just hanging out with me. It was eventually reported to her husband's boss that she was just loitering in the lobby, and from there she still continued to come to work with him, she would just sit in the car.

Yes, you read that correctly. She would sit in her car ALL DAY LONG. Why would anyone in their right mind do this?? Why wouldn't you just stay home? Think of all the jobs she could have been applying too!!

Unfortunately for her, they would park their car in the front of the building and people inside could see her sitting, eating, sleeping and reading all day long. It also happened to be the windows to the department her husband worked for.

I'm not exactly sure what happened, or if his wife had any reason to do with his "departure" from my work, but one day they were both gone. I even got sent a confidential email from HR informing me that he was no longer allowed on the property and to call the office manager right away if he came back.

I never did find out what caused him to get fired, but only can only believe his wife played a factor. Luckily for me, I was able to take a picture of her sitting in the lobby (without her knowing, of course!) and show her to all my friends and family. At least her being in the lobby wasn't a complete waste of my time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment