Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Eyeroll



Lately, NG has noticed that I roll my eyes a lot.  And by a lot I mean with every caller and guest.  I can't even help it, I don't even know I'm doing it anymore.  But honestly, how can you not roll your eyes when you encounter situations like this?
"Hi, I was just wondering if it was ok that I parked in the spot that's reserved for 30 minutes or less."
"Well are you going to be here longer than 30 minutes?"
"Yes, my meeting is scheduled for 1.5 hours."
"Then, NO, it's not ok.  You need to move your car"

Seriously?  Do I *really* need to tell people that they need to move their vehicles?  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.  I have to tell people to leave voice mails when they call me back to tell me that they reached a voice mail.   I have to tell people they can't park in permit only parking spots when they tell me they don't have a permit.  I have to tell people this is not their doctor's office when I answer the phone stating the company's name.

I almost feel like this is some cruel joke.  Am I secretly being recorded for America's Funniest Home Videos? (and if I am, I better win and get all that money).  Am I being punked? (and if I am can it not be by Bieber, thanks.)  Lately I've been relieved that NG has been coming in early because that means I can leave the lobby earlier and get away from this torture. 

That is, until I realize that it doesn't matter if its a caller, visitor or fellow employees.  We're all dumb.  Case and point.


Really?  
1. Do we really need a SIGN to tell people to put their dishes in the dishwasher?
2. Do people see that sign and just ignore it?
3. Those mugs are on the cleaner side... so they had to have rinsed them out and used soap.  You were SOCLOSE to finishing the job!

I'm rolling my eyes as I type this because it's frustrating how dumb people are.  My birthday is this weekend and I have a feeling that the drinks will not only be flowing to celebrate me me me, but for making it through another week where the only terrible thing I do is my signature eye roll.

You're welcome ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ruby, I just had to write and let you know I hope you are having a good Administrative Professionals Day.
    Not a single person in my office has mentioned anything about it today. Our boss used to get everyone flowers, and say it was because we didn't have any administrative professionals. But as the receptionist/office manager, and person who had to cut and distribute all those flowers, it kind of stung. What the heck is the matter with my office mates? Are they afraid of offending me?
    At any rate, you are my sunshine today. Looking forward to the next blog.
    ~Joseph

    ReplyDelete