My company has slowly been trying to be more "green". Over the years they've been doing small things like switching out paper cups for mugs and having recycled napkins instead of brand name products.
At first I thought I was going to be complaining about how annoying it is to have "green" napkins and paper towels in the office. You can barely use them without them falling apart, or even just getting them off the paper towel dispenser is an issue. I mean, what good does it do to have a napkin that shred to pieces because you're taking it off the roll!?!
Today I was gathering my crappy recycled cardboard bowl and recycled plastic spoon when I decided that I was going to put bananas slices on my cereal. I grabbed a recycled plastic knife and recycled cardboard plate and headed back to my desk. I attempted to remove the banana peel, but apparently I'm too much of a spaz and couldn't do that so I decided I'd just cut the banana peel and then I'd be able to peel it manually. Then this happened, and please, don't laugh at me too much:
What the F just happened? I mean, I know I'm insanely strong from going to the gym all the time ;) but seriously, there's NO WAY a BANANA PEEL should be able to destroy a knife!! I'm all for going green and saving/protecting our planet, but I don't understand how it benefits anyone when something like this happens


ahahahaha this happened to me - but with peanut butter! the stupid "green" knife bent all the backwards and i couldn't scoop it out. I had to use 2 spoons (stacked together) to get it out. Now our company doesn't even provide "silver"ware. All in the name of going green. I think it's a cost thing, the Scrooges!
ReplyDelete