Sorry I've been slacking on blogging lately. Work has been nuts and full of drama lately. I have a ton of things I could and should have blogged about (and maybe I still will) but I decided going out every night last week would be more fun. Luckily for you guys, I'm back and hopefully being a hermit this week, so that means lots of blogs for you!
And off we go!
This morning a boy named James walked into the lobby. Cocky-I-have-a-"Beiber hair cut"- and-I'm- smirking-James. I immediately dislike him. He comes up to my desk and states, he's James.
Um... ok. I'm Ruby.
He looks at me like I have 5 heads and says he needs to see Stef, the girl in HR. Okayyy, whatever, dude. I give her a call and she informs me he's a temp, and he's here for paperwork. She'll be out in a minute. Ok, cool.
She comes out, collects him and his ridiculous smirk, and makes a gesture with her hand that she's going to call me. oooOOOOOooo, what could this be about!? Please don't tell me Stef thinks this 12 year old is cute!
NOPE.
WRONG.
James is apparently a big deal. He's the CEO's nephew (aha, that cocky attitude makes sense now.) She was calling because she was freaking out because he was here and Jim hadn't made his employee security pass and OH-EM-GEE, this probably just looks OH SO TERRIBLE! I assure her that James will be fine and not to worry. I try to joke about the situation, I mean really, who cares. He's the guy's nephew, that doesn't mean much to me... Only, Stef was serious and started acting all HR-ish towards me. If I saw Jim, I had to tell him about the pass situation, and to contact Stef immediately.
This gets me thinking. What makes this kid so freaking important? Just because he's a nephew of a big wig, why should we bend over backwards and give him special attention? Hardly no one gets their pass on their first day - and it's super impressive when Jim actually has it ready for their start date.
Why does he get a temp job handed to him? I only know it was handed to him because I've never seen him come in for an interview. Why is he walking around like he owns the place? It's not like it's his dad that's the CEO. How young is this guy? Do I really have to be extra nice to a high school boy?
And more importantly, why isn't it standard that we have these passes ready when new people start? Why do we only spaz out when it's "someone important?" What determines what makes someone important. I mean, let's face it, I'm sort of a big deal and I don't see people freaking out about having everything perfect for me... ;)
At the end of the day, James swung by the desk to see if we had his pass. Stef had it, but he didn't seem concerned with actually getting it and said he'd stop by her desk tomorrow and grab it. He thanked me for my help and told me to have a nice day.
Damn you kid, after everything, the smirk, theterrible hair cut, you're a nice guy. Guess I have to be nice to him now...


No comments:
Post a Comment