
There's a vendor that comes in a lot. I should know his name, and I think at one point I might have, but every time he walks in, I have no idea what his name is. It's awkward, and usually I would just ask for the name, but he's been coming in randomly for the past 4 years. I really should know it. I think it's Ted. Or maybe Ed. ???
Anyways, T/Ed comes in and here's our interaction:
T/Ed "I'm here for Steve, he should be coming out"
Me: "he's coming out? ok"
So I proceeded to do nothing. Steve was coming out to meet him, right?
WRONG.
- 5 minutes later -
T/Ed: "Ummmmmmmmmm did you call Steve and tell him I was here????? (and said in a very are-you-dumb-why-haven't-you-called-him tone)
Me: "Uhh, I thought you said he was coming out??"
T/ed: "Well only after you call him to let him know I'm here!!!" (also said in a lovely tone).
Um... wouldn't you come into a business and say "Hi, I'm here for Steve, can you let him know I'm here?" I know I was wrong to assume that he spoke with Steve already, but seriously... he made it seem like Steve was coming right out!
So, now I'm attempting to call Steve. There's only one problem. I don't know this guy's name. Do I attempt to say a name like I've done in the past? "asklasdfafjf (said in a really quiet voice) is here to see you" - a favorite of mine when I don't know the person's name, and only backfires every now and then when the employee goes "WHO?!" hah! Or do I just go back to my old faithful and say "there is someone here to see you." Half the time they ask who it is, otherwise they'll just say, OH good! Tell so-and-so I'll be right out.
Luckily for me Steve answered and said he'd be right out so I didn't have to worry about whats his name.
However, my fun morning didn't stop there!
Next up to the plate was the lovely lady Angela. She works for the company, but in a different location so when she arrived this morning, she was with her luggage since she was going to the airport after the meeting. Here's our interaction:
A: "Where should I put my luggage?"
Me: "Oh, you can just put it over in that corner"
A stares at me
A: "Well, we USUALLY put it over HERE" (and brings it to the opposite corner of the room).
Me: "ookk... well over there is fine, too"
A now glaring at me
Me: "Really, wherever you want to put it is fine"
A storms off and goes about her day.
Um.... what just happened?? What did I do wrong?? And why would you ask me a question you clearly know the answer to!
It was then I realize it was just going to be one of those days.
*A little while later I spilled my tea all down the front of me.
*Later, when the lunch order arrived, I spilled someone's Italian dressing all over my desk, resulting in getting it on my purse as well.
*Even after I left work, my streak continued. The gym turned into an epic fail - and I was really looking forward to a good work out. My gym instructor was out, and the sub was awful. I thought I was being smart by realizing who the sub was before class started and decided to just do my own work out. Turns out I left my ipod at home. Fail.
*I didn't lose, or win, the battle with my crock pot. (Which is a whole different story). My dinner was so-so.
So here I am, drinking a glass of champagne to celebrate this day being over. And when I say glass, who are we kidding - I'm drinking the whole bottle. And yes, drinking champagne whenever you want is totally acceptable. Oh, and I'm drinking it out of a plastic cup, I can't risk ending this day in tears because I shattered a champagne flute!
So happy Tuesday everyone, hope yours was better than mine.
"I feel like one of these days, I'm going to get a call from you, and you're going to be in jail, because you finally snapped and strangled someone with your phone cord"
- email from my bestie. haha!
- email from my bestie. haha!

No comments:
Post a Comment