Well... I'd rather just not come in..

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Listen, Bitch


What the hell happened today? Was there a full moon last night? I'm so confused... why was EVERYONE a complete d-bag today??

I got screamed at by some man telling he was looking for Patty. And not just Patty, he was looking for Patty, PATTY, P-A-T-T-Y!!!! PATTY PATTY PATTY! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

Well, you miserable excuse for a man, it is THAT hard. There's no one named Patty in this office. Without a last name (which he didn't have) there was no way I could look her up in the database. Did he know what position she had? What other location she worked at? Anything? NOPE! This man spoke down to me and slowed down his speech as if I was the one that was having issues. Granted I couldn't understand half of what he was saying because his speech was terrible, but that is no reason for him to get so frustrated and yell at me like I was dirt.

What I don't get is that how do people get off yelling at me and finding it totally acceptable! What happened to being nice?? I mean, i know I'm not a nice person, but I'll at least be respectful, especially when talking to a receptionist!

NG, unfortunately, got the worst caller of the day. Mine was pretty tame in comparison. While I decided I needed 5 minutes to myself (aka go for a walk), poor NG got The Jerk. When I returned she was already on her 3rd call with him, and looked like she was on the verge of tears. Since she was on the headset, I picked up the receiver (because we can still hear thru it, just can't answer the phones by physically picking it up - yeah, I know, it's weird) to listen in. If I could have slapped the man through the phone, I would have.

The man insulted NG's voice, saying "what is wrong with your voice, it's killing me", apparently told whoever he was with that "the switchboard lady can't even do her job, and it's not like it's hard to just listen and do what I say" and then the kicker, "listen bitch".

I immediately reached over to hang up with the guy, when NG stopped me, mouthed off to him and transferred him to where ever he was supposed to go. I just sat there with my jaw literally on the floor.

What the heck just happened??? While I applaud NG for sticking up for herself, there should be no reason that her or I ever should have to deal with that. And to the asshole that called, who do you think you are? Stop being such a d-bag hiding behind the phone and have the vagina to say that to my face. (again, sorry mom!) Now I'm not saying that to be a tough guy, but if you can seriously stand in front of me, scream at me and call me terrible names then props to you. But I dare you to do it because I don't think anyone would ever.

UGH!


NG and I are a team. We braved the rest of the day with smiles on our faces while secretly wanting to hurt everyone. I got her to do some of my duties for Kelly because she wanted to be off the phones for a while. I couldn't blame her, and I certainly wasn't going to pass up someone wanting to do "my" work.

...Looks like my plan to get her to do all my work is slowly coming together. Now if only I could have had that happen without dealing with assholes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What the heck is wrong with people? I wish you could record these calls so we could hear. Although it's infuriating just reading about them, I'm not sure I could handle it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get a 800 from a number that is unknown to you, there is a good chance that you avoid it. I know I do. In fact, I know a lot of people do.

    ReplyDelete