The Good: I got a free lunch with one of the catered lunches yesterday.
The Bad: I threw up in the bathroom at work.
The Ugly: It turned out to be food poisoning.
I was all excited to get a free lunch since I didn't have anything at home to bring in. I took a bite out of the chicken stir-fry with rice concoction and instantly wasn't a fan. The chicken was wicked peppery. That's ok, I'll just eat the grilled peppers, zucchinis and avoid the onions. After a couple more bites I decided that I was going to go on a walk since it's still sort of nice out (aka no snow). I came back and felt funny but it was NG's lunch break and then she had an hour meeting with BossBoss. I figured whatever was wrong with me would pass, plus all I had to do was just sit in my chair.
I barely survived the wait for NG.
When she came back she was telling me how her meeting was when I cut her off and told her I'd be right back. Once in the bathroom I begin pacing in the handicap stall. Is this really happening? Am I really going to puke at work? No, you're not. You're fine. Go back to your desk.
I barely survived the wait for NG.
When she came back she was telling me how her meeting was when I cut her off and told her I'd be right back. Once in the bathroom I begin pacing in the handicap stall. Is this really happening? Am I really going to puke at work? No, you're not. You're fine. Go back to your desk.
I get back to my desk and notice the rest of my lunch is still sitting there. Yeah, time to throw that away. So I walk down to the kitchen and that was when the smell of it hit me. I gagged. I panicked. I threw the lunch in the trash and ran towards the bathroom.
The Good: I made it with enough time.
The Bad: Someone came in a couple minutes after me.
The Ugly: The were stuck listening to me vomit my lunch.
Afterwards, while still in our respective stalls, she asked if I was ok. I think I managed a grunt and I listened for her to leave. There was NO way I was going to show my face after that! haha! The nice lady even went to NG and told her someone was sick in the bathroom and if no one came out in a couple minutes, she might want to go check it out. Imagine NG's face when I, very slowly, exited the bathroom. I told her I was sick, and she told me to leave. (A whole 10mins early). I told her I actually felt a thousand times better. I changed for the gym and went on my way.
(Insert: are you crazy face here. Who pukes and then goes to the gym?!)
I get to the gym parking lot and I roll down my window. It's freezing out now, the sun has gone down and I'm burning up. I start to feel funky again. Sorry gym buddies, there's no way I can jump around right now. I get home, grabbed my bags and start fumbling with my keys. I barely made it to my bathroom. Still wearing my coat, and carrying my bags, I puked my life away.
Repeat this process, minus the coat and bags, 5 more times.
I've never had food poisoning before, but it is quite possibility one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I texted a couple of my friends to let them know that my blog was going to be entertaining. I couldn't write it until today since I would lie there, pass out, wake up, puke, sweat, then be freezing, on a constant repeat until I put myself in bed at 10pm.
I woke up this morning and felt somewhat ok. I thought a shower would be good idea. I get in and immediately feel dizzy. Shower off. This girl is not passing out.
I woke up this morning and felt somewhat ok. I thought a shower would be good idea. I get in and immediately feel dizzy. Shower off. This girl is not passing out.
The Good: I ended up not working today (well kind of, I went for 2 hours before my boss told me to leave).
The Bad: My whole body hurts
The Ugly: Me - I really need a shower.

that's terrible!!! So sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon :)
ReplyDelete