I love the summer. What I don't love is sitting in a lobby, with huge windows in front of me, staring at the gorgeous weather. It's 90 degrees, and altho everyone is complaining how gross it is outside, I'm so happy that summer is here. :)
One of the most interesting thing about working in a corporate office during summer is learning, and seeing, a lot more about your co-workers. Once the warm weather comes, the tattoos are revealed and the layers come off! I was in the lunch room, putting my sandwich together, when Annie walked in to the vending machine. Her shirt was a little to short to be tucked in and when she bent over to get her 100 calorie snack pack, I learned that she has a lovely tramp stamp! A pleasant start to my lunch break! Over the years, I've seen foot and ankle tattoos that have been hiding all winter, and was shocked to find out that our quiet, very professional, i-wear-a-suit-everyday corporate lawyer sports tattoos all over both his forearms, one on his calf and one around his ankle. I learned this due to Friday's casual day - and Mr. Lawyer wore a t-shirt and man shorts. I also hear his chest covered, and his upper arms as well, due to some people that saw him rock a tank top at the gym. No wonder he wears long sleeves everyday! I do find him to be a lot cooler now that I know he's covered in tats ;)
I'm also amazed by the amount of co-workers that come into work in the most inappropriate outfits during the summer. I'm all for short shorts, but to work? really? One lady came in wearing a halter dress, not that bad, right? Maybe pair it up with a cardigan to cover up? But I'll let it fly that she has nothing as a cover up because that's not the worst part. This lady isn't exactly flat chested, and I'm not even positive she's got a bra on. Now, I know it's hot out, and normally it'd be a cute summer dress, but that doesn't mean you should show off the goods to all your co-workers.
I also get to see a lot of female co-workers legs! Oh how the male population at the office must love this season - we get to see pale legs, hairy legs, stubby legs, thin legs, orange self tanner legs! everything! I usually don't tend to show my legs, I like to just wear pants year round because the AC is FREEZINGGG (and not to mention I'm not trying to impress anyone here at work), but on the very off chance that I decide a skirt is needed (and so far its happened only once), my legs were most definitely shaved. And, I don't go around announcing that I haven't shaved my legs in over a week. Gross, people!
Apparently there's also no rule on how short your skirt or dress can be. Our office is "business casual" but it seems once the weather turns nice its almost a game to see who can get away with wearing the least. I'm gonna bet I won't win this game ;)
One of the most interesting thing about working in a corporate office during summer is learning, and seeing, a lot more about your co-workers. Once the warm weather comes, the tattoos are revealed and the layers come off! I was in the lunch room, putting my sandwich together, when Annie walked in to the vending machine. Her shirt was a little to short to be tucked in and when she bent over to get her 100 calorie snack pack, I learned that she has a lovely tramp stamp! A pleasant start to my lunch break! Over the years, I've seen foot and ankle tattoos that have been hiding all winter, and was shocked to find out that our quiet, very professional, i-wear-a-suit-everyday corporate lawyer sports tattoos all over both his forearms, one on his calf and one around his ankle. I learned this due to Friday's casual day - and Mr. Lawyer wore a t-shirt and man shorts. I also hear his chest covered, and his upper arms as well, due to some people that saw him rock a tank top at the gym. No wonder he wears long sleeves everyday! I do find him to be a lot cooler now that I know he's covered in tats ;)
I'm also amazed by the amount of co-workers that come into work in the most inappropriate outfits during the summer. I'm all for short shorts, but to work? really? One lady came in wearing a halter dress, not that bad, right? Maybe pair it up with a cardigan to cover up? But I'll let it fly that she has nothing as a cover up because that's not the worst part. This lady isn't exactly flat chested, and I'm not even positive she's got a bra on. Now, I know it's hot out, and normally it'd be a cute summer dress, but that doesn't mean you should show off the goods to all your co-workers.
I also get to see a lot of female co-workers legs! Oh how the male population at the office must love this season - we get to see pale legs, hairy legs, stubby legs, thin legs, orange self tanner legs! everything! I usually don't tend to show my legs, I like to just wear pants year round because the AC is FREEZINGGG (and not to mention I'm not trying to impress anyone here at work), but on the very off chance that I decide a skirt is needed (and so far its happened only once), my legs were most definitely shaved. And, I don't go around announcing that I haven't shaved my legs in over a week. Gross, people!
Apparently there's also no rule on how short your skirt or dress can be. Our office is "business casual" but it seems once the weather turns nice its almost a game to see who can get away with wearing the least. I'm gonna bet I won't win this game ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment