Every office has them, and I've decided I want to be one.
No weather is too extreme for a cigarette to be left in their pack. These men and women are dedicated to damaging their lungs, and wont let a silly thing like snow, rain, freezing temperatures or humid days stop them. For sake of my blog, last week I researched just how often these smokers go outside for a break, and how long they last. My results are truly amazing, and besides the horrible side effects (cancer, death...) I conclude that all workers should smoke!
My research includes the 3 women smokers that regularly go outside, and I'm lead to believe that if we all took as many breaks as these women do, there is no way any work would ever get done! In fact, I'm surprised they get anything done now - maybe they work late to make up the time? HA!
Here are the amazing stats to back my desire to smoke:
Monday - they spent a total of 42 mins outside
Tuesday - 40 mins
Wednesday - 48 mins
Thursday - 48 mins
Friday - 36 mins
And I even have it broken down to the precise minutes they were outside, and they seem to have a set time reserved to smoke. Their breaks seem to be around 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm lasting anywhere from 8-16 minutes. So, if we add all that time together, that's 3.5hrs a week they spend on just smoking alone! That doesn't include their lunch break, bathroom breaks, getting up for more water or coffee, just smoking!
As a receptionist, I get to sit in the lobby by the front entrance all day long. Lucky me gets to experience these lovely ladies first hand. If the stench of them wasn't bad enough, I get the pleasure of having them talk to me, and getting to experience their leathery faces and yellow teeth. Not to mention listening to one of them hack up a lung every time she tries to speak. So attractive and sexy!
...Ok, so maybe I won't become a smoker anytime soon, maybe I'll just be a faker, and only be a smoker on the nice hot sunny days. I could use the extra 3.5 hours a week in the sun to work on my tan ;)
My research includes the 3 women smokers that regularly go outside, and I'm lead to believe that if we all took as many breaks as these women do, there is no way any work would ever get done! In fact, I'm surprised they get anything done now - maybe they work late to make up the time? HA!
Here are the amazing stats to back my desire to smoke:
Monday - they spent a total of 42 mins outside
Tuesday - 40 mins
Wednesday - 48 mins
Thursday - 48 mins
Friday - 36 mins
And I even have it broken down to the precise minutes they were outside, and they seem to have a set time reserved to smoke. Their breaks seem to be around 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm lasting anywhere from 8-16 minutes. So, if we add all that time together, that's 3.5hrs a week they spend on just smoking alone! That doesn't include their lunch break, bathroom breaks, getting up for more water or coffee, just smoking!
As a receptionist, I get to sit in the lobby by the front entrance all day long. Lucky me gets to experience these lovely ladies first hand. If the stench of them wasn't bad enough, I get the pleasure of having them talk to me, and getting to experience their leathery faces and yellow teeth. Not to mention listening to one of them hack up a lung every time she tries to speak. So attractive and sexy!
...Ok, so maybe I won't become a smoker anytime soon, maybe I'll just be a faker, and only be a smoker on the nice hot sunny days. I could use the extra 3.5 hours a week in the sun to work on my tan ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment