"GOOD MORNING!!!! :) :) :) :) Thank you for calling our corporate office, how may I transfer your call?? OH! Of course, I'll transfer you right away!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Thank you for calling and have a GREAT day!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)"
See? She makes me want to gag. I'm pretty sure I was never that happy when I first started working as a receptionist. And seriously? wishing everyone a great day?? That needs to end immediately.
As training continues I do think NG will break soon. I don't see her staying the happiest person ever. Just today she asked me WHYYY do people keep calling about jobs and asking if we're hiring??? Can't they just go on our website and figure it out??
...what was that? did I hear a smidge of "why are callers so dumb" in her voice??
NG: "Ruby, can I ask you a question?? If you were looking for a certain company in a certain location, would you google the number first and attempt to find it on your own, or would you call that company's corporate office and ask the receptionist?!" Ruby: "Personally, I would look it up online" NG: "EXACTLY! I've gotten so many people asking me to look up locations in their area...I mean, I'm not complaining about my job, it's just seems like that would be the more sensible thing to do"
...I'm sorry NG, are you wondering why people don't use common sense?? I like this girl!
She's learning quick that people are dumb. She'll soon be wondering how she ever got sucked into such a craptastic job. She's already offering to help me with all Kathy's work, and wants to help with all my other receptionist related duties.
Never fear, young grasshopper, I'll teach you everything I know. And then I'll sit there and watch you do it all for me! I'm beginning to think this might be one of my greatest ideas ever! ...well that, and thinking I should turn her into a mini me and make her cut the shit of being overly happy while at work :)
Mission: accepted.
(Below, a pic of NG...yeah, that needs to end)

I remember when that was me... now people tell me that they are scared to ask for a badge when they have forgotten theirs (for the fifteenth time). Mission: Accomplished.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Same here about the badges, though they think I'm "nicer" than the last receptionist because she pretty much terrorized everyone. I smile but there's no NG-ness in it whatsoever. I've learned a long time ago that being perky only makes people come back "to visit"...
ReplyDelete